Pro-Ject The Classic Blue, 25-vuotis juhlamallin erikoispainos. Soitin pohjautuu Pro-Ject The Classic 2M-silver levysoittimeen, mutta lisäksi pakettiin kuuluu Ortofon 2M Blue vaihtoneula ja Pro-Ject Cork It levymatto.
To celebrate their 25 year anniversary, Pro-Ject Audio are combining traditional design with modern technology in a brand new turntable model. The aptly named 'Classic' is a sleek, compact and elegant turntable based around the "frame" design popularised by the likes of Thorens and Linn in the 1950's and 60's, but implemented with the innovative technologies Pro-Ject have become known for.
The two-plinth design allows the motor to sit in a separate plinth to the bearing and tonearm, reducing the unwanted transference of electrical and mechanical noise. The two medium-density fibre plinth sections are isolated from each-other with the use of specially selected Thermo-Plastic Elastomers (TPE). The use of TPE, rather than the spring-loaded method of historical designs, makes The Classic effortlessly simple to set up while retaining anti-resonance properties.
The idea of anti-resonant structures also carries through to The Classic's platter. The general layout was inspired by the iconic Debut platter assembly, but the main platter has been significantly upgraded to a special aluminium alloy version which is internally lined with TPE damping. The sub-platter and bearing are also similar to the Debut design, but the tolerances are far tighter for The Classic, resulting in a higher-quality performance.
The Classic also boasts a radical new tonearm design, inspired by the production processes developed for the award-winning RPM 3 Carbon turntable. The tonearm tube is made from a sandwich composite of carbon and aluminium. The carbon fibre gives the arm rigidity, speed and reduced mass, while the aluminium delivers better overall damping. The tube is then supported by a new bearing assembly with ultra-low friction and wider movement for improved tracking. The nickel-plated counterweight not only looks fantastic, it's also TPE-damped to ensure the arm remains acoustically neutral. The Classic tonearm can also be VTA and azimuth adjusted to suit almost any modern pick-up cartridge.
The Classic is supplied with a fitted dust cover, a junction box for easy cable upgrades and the Connect-IT E RCA cables. The three finishes (eucalyptus (black), rosenut and walnut) also mean The Classic can fit into any decor.
- Belt drive anniversary turntable with multi-plinth design
- MDF plinths (top plinth has metal layer 'sandwich' finish) separated by TPE suspension
- Height adjustable decoupling feet
- Precision balanced, TPE-damped aluminium-platter
- 9” carbon fibre/aluminium tonearm with MM & MC compatibility
- New tonearm bearing design with Japanese ball bearing (base of tonearm) and vertical cable outlet for unhindered arm movement
- Ultra low friction Zircon pin-point cardan tonearm bearings (top & side)
- Fully adjustable azimuth and VTA
- TPE-damped counterweight
- Nopeus: 33, 45
- Nopeusvaihtelu: 33: 0.10%, 45: 0.11%
- Huojunta: 33: 0.03%, 45: 0.05%
- Levylautanen: 300mm
- Äänivarren tehollinen pituus: 230mm
- Overhang: 18,0mm
- Äänivarren tehollinen massa: 13,5g
- Neulapaino: 10-30mN
- Sisältyy pakkaukseen: Pölysuoja, virtalähde
- Virrankulutus: 5.0 W, Standby-tilassa < 0.5 W
- Äänirasia: Ortofon 2M Silver
- Mitat (L x K x S): 460 x 131 x 351mm
- Paino: 10,2 kg